Thursday, July 17, 2008

Oakley Frogskin Black/Positive Red Iridium 7-16-08



Yep, Frogskins again. But this one isn't publicly released, why you ask? Because it's custom. The Positive Red Iridium Lens came from my original pair of Frogskins that I got in 6th grade, circa early '91 or '92. The frame they came in cracked due to UV light damage, Oakley has since solved this problem, it only occured in the original frames. The Black frame was a re-issue a couple of months ago, and I got the bright idea to switch my old lenses into my new frame. And voila, Black Frame with Positive Red Iridium. The Posi Red Iridium is diffcult to see until you get into bright sunlight, inside the lenses appear grey with just a hint of red. I don't think Oakley had the capability back then to really make the Iridium pop. But they can now.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man, how do you get the lenses out of the frogskins without breaking the frames? It seems hard to me, can you help me out? thanks. you can email me at andyroo186@msn.com

TOO DOPE said...

yeah dude, please elaborate on how you're getting the lenses out without damaging them. I've got a few pairs i'd love to swap around.

btw. your collection is unreal.